Adi Shankaracharya composed this Narayana Stotram in praise of Lord Narayana over a thousand years ago. Actually, Narayana is just another name that is given to Lord Vishnu by his devotees.
In Vaishnava tradition of Hinduism, Lord Narayana and his other incarnations are regarded as supreme beings, responsible for upholding the cosmic law of Dharma. According to the Vishnu Purana, he is also known as “Shri Hari”.
There are many stotrams dedicated to Lord Vishnu or Narayana. This is one such stotram that you can chant or sing to attract positive energy. Regularly reciting Narayana stotram helps you become more spiritually aware and calms your restless mind.
Video Of Narayana Stotram
Narayana Stotram Lyrics With English Meaning
nārāyaṇa nārāyaṇa jaya gōvinda harē ||
nārāyaṇa nārāyaṇa jaya gōpāla harē ||
- Victory to Lord Narayana, who is Lord Govinda and the protector.
- Victory to Lord Narayana, who is Lord Gopala and the protector.
karuṇāpārāvāra varuṇālaya gambhīra nārāyaṇa || 1
navanīradasaṅkāśa kr̥takalikalmaṣanāśana nārāyaṇa || 2
- Oh ocean of mercy, Of God who is as majestic as the sea, Narayana.
- Oh Lord, who is similar to the rich cloud, Oh Lord who destroys the ills of the Kali Age, Narayana.
yamunātīravihāra dhr̥takaustubhamaṇihāra nārāyaṇa || 3
pītāmbaraparidhāna surakalyāṇanidhāna nārāyaṇa || 4
- Oh Lord who played on the shores of Yamuna, Oh Lord who wore the chain made of Kousthubha, Narayana.
- Oh Lord who dresses in the yellow silk, Oh Lord who is the storehouse of good to devas, Narayana.
mañjulaguñjābhūṣa māyāmānuṣavēṣa nārāyaṇa || 5
rādhā:’dharamadhurasika rajanīkarakulatilaka nārāyaṇa || 6
- Oh Lord who wears Garland of pretty Gunja seeds, Oh Lord who takes the form of the invisible man, Narayana.
- Oh Lord who enjoys the honey from the lips of Radha, Oh lord who is the crown of the princes of the dynasty of the moon, Narayana.
muralīgānavinōda vēdastutabhūpāda nārāyaṇa || 7
vārijabhūṣābharaṇa rājīvarukmiṇīramaṇa nārāyaṇa || 8
- Oh Lord who enjoys playing the flute, Oh lord whose feet are praised by Vedas, Narayana.
- Oh Lord who wears the peacock feathers, Oh Lord who danced on the head of the snake, Narayana.
jalaruhadalanibhanētra jagadārambhakasūtra nārāyaṇa || 9
pātakarajanīsaṁhāra karuṇālaya māmuddhara nārāyaṇa || 10
- Oh Lord who makes the lotus as an ornament, Oh Lord who plays with the daughter of lotus flower, Narayana.
- Oh lord who destroys the darkness of sin, Oh Lord who elevates me by his mercy, Narayana.
aghabakakṣayakaṁsārē kēśava kr̥ṣṇa murārē nārāyaṇa || 11
hāṭakanibhapītāmbara abhayaṁ kuru mē māvara nārāyaṇa || 12
- Oh Lord who killed Agha and Bhaga, Oh Lord who is the enemy of Kamsa, Oh Kesava, Oh Krishna Oh enemy of Mura, Narayana.
- Oh lord who wears gold like yellow silks, Please give me protection oh Consort of Lakshmi, Narayana.
daśaratharājakumāra dānavamadasaṁhāra nārāyaṇa || 13
gōvardhanagiri ramaṇa gōpīmānasaharaṇa nārāyaṇa || 14
- Oh Lord who is the son of king Dasaratha, Oh Lord who killed the pride of Asuras, Narayana.
- Oh Lord who pleased the Govardhan mountain, Oh Lord who stole the minds of Gopis, Narayana.
sarayūtīravihāra sajjanar̥ṣimandāra nārāyaṇa || 15
viśvāmitramakhatra vividhaparāsucaritra nārāyaṇa || 16
- Oh Lord who plays in the banks of Sarayu, Oh Lord who is like a wish giving tree to the good, Narayana.
- Oh Lord who saved the Yoga of Viswamitra, Oh Lord who has different histories, Narayana.
dhvajavajrāṅkuśapāda dharaṇīsutasahamōda nārāyaṇa || 17
janakasutāpratipāla jaya jaya saṁsmr̥tilīla nārāyaṇa || 18
- Oh Lord whose feet have symbols of flag and goad, Oh Lord who was made happy by the daughter of earth, Narayana.
- Oh Lord who waited on the daughter of Janaka, Victory and victory to him who enjoys plays of life, Narayana.
daśarathavāgdhr̥tibhāra daṇḍakavanasañcāra nārāyaṇa || 19
muṣṭikacāṇūrasaṁhāra munimānasavihāra nārāyaṇa || 20
- Oh Lord who obeyed Dasaradha’s words, Oh Lord who traveled in Dandaka, Narayana.
- Oh Lord who killed Mushtika and Chanura, Oh Lord who lives in the minds of sages, Narayana.
vālinigrahaśaurya varasugrīvahitārya nārāyaṇa || 21
māṁ muralīkara dhīvara pālaya pālaya śrīdhara nārāyaṇa || 22
- Oh Lord who killed the valorous Vali,Oh Lord who helped the good Sugreva, Narayana.
- Oh valorous Lord who played the flute, Please help us, help us, the consort of Lakshmi, Narayana.
jalanidhibandhanadhīra rāvaṇakaṇṭhavidāra nārāyaṇa || 23
tāṭakamardana rāma naṭaguṇavividhadhanāḍhya nārāyaṇa || 24
- Oh Lord who constructed a dam across the sea, Oh Lord who cut off the necks of Ravana, Narayana.
- Oh Lord who killed the pride of Thataka, Oh Lord who is praised by music and dance by Devas, Narayana.
gautamapatnīpūjana karuṇāghanāvalōkana nārāyaṇa || 25
sambhramasītāhāra sākētapuravihāra nārāyaṇa || 26
- Oh Lord who was worshiped by the wife of Gautama, Oh Lord who has a look which is filled with mercy, Narayana.
- Oh Lord who stole the mind of Sita, Oh Lord who lived in the city of Ayodhya, Narayana.
acalōddhr̥ticañcatkara bhaktānugrahatatpara nārāyaṇa || 27
naigamagānavinōda rakṣitasuprahlāda nārāyaṇa || 28
- Oh Lord who was able to lift a mountain, Oh Lord who is interested in blessing devotes, Narayana.
- Oh Lord who is pleased with the Sama gana, Oh Lord who saved the Rakshasa lad Prahlda, Narayana.